FOR WHOM THE BELL DINGS



Not my actual bike, but representative of the coolness of my bike - despite its lack of ding bling
Now that spring is (allegedly) on it's way, I've pulled the bike (and my ever expanding butt) out of winter hibernation and found it's had little banlieu rats nibbling away at it while it was stored in the private communal courtyard of the Paris apartment block. For starters, someone tried to have a little chomp away at the bike lock and being too lame to properly steal a bike I figure they just decided to steal the bell instead. How much street cred does that get you these days?
One thing I have learned about living in Paris is that whatever it is, if it's not nailed down, someone will steal it. The other thing about Paris - is that if it is nailed down, they will steal the nails. And then they will steal it.

No comments