30 MINUTES


I'm taking a look at one of my daily activities with a new lens (haha) and have put together a little photo essay on one of my most common dog walk routes  that I often do of an evening. Rapid Creek is a gorgeous little natural oasis in the middle of Darwin's northern suburbs an is an area that's certainly a semi-regular feature in my photographic pursuits. It still amazes me how much variety there is to see in 30 short minutes; suburbs, parklands, a river, horses, cattle, playgrounds...not to mention some of the regular dog walkers I stop and chat with on the way.

Once again it feels as though the seasons are starting to shift and that the desert breeze chill is slowly losing its edge. Although I haven't switched my night time fan back on yet, the days are starting to creep up a few degrees. The grass is looking worn and brown, and many of the last leaves from our tropical deciduous trees have fallen (though there is already some new growth on the way). The fires have dwindled, but the sunsets are no less spectacular. While the first rains are several months away yet,  I'm already thinking about the impending build-up and the changes that I'm trying to make fall in line with the season to come.

4 comments

  1. Stunning photos! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, glad you like them :) x

      Delete
  2. Love your photos Nathalie - I'm a sucker for animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, that horse is always super friendly - often comes to say hello.

      Delete