STORMS OVER CALAIS

I've never been a fan of the industrial town of Calais, in Northern France. It serves as a port to get to and from the UK but I haven't yet found any other reasons to visit. However, I do think their belfry is one of the nicest in Flanders. Snapped this shot on my way back from my interview over in Kent - it had been a totally manic and rushed day full of crucial transport connections and stumbling around unknown territory. I took a moment out before heading on the train home to breathe in and look behind me, and was treated to a lovely bit of stormy dark-light.

I'll soon be heading over the sleeve myself as I did get a job offer following this interview...they were even happy to hold the position for me until I'm back from my trip to Australia! More changes afoot...

No comments